Exporting Approved Invoice Data to AP Payment System
Approved invoice data is sent to the AP system for Payment by creating an export batch of selected invoices and generating a data file which you can then import into your back office payment system.
To create an Approved Invoice Export Batch do the following;
Login and Select Suppliers from the upper left corner of the screen.
- From the All Inbound Docs menu on the Blue Bar, select 'Manage Approved Exports'
- The Following page displays any currently open batches and allows you to search through completed batches.
- To Create a new batch select the Create Batch button from the header section of the grid that displays open batches.
- The Create Export Batch pop up screen will be displayed. Select the Currency of invoices to be exported and also include an Exchange rate if your system requires one. This defaults to 1 which is used if there are no foreign currencies. The screen offers a number of other options that relate to how you want to create your batch. There are two ways that the batch can be created;
a). Manually Create
b). Generate Batch
Option A - Manually Create
Manually Creating the batch allows you to decide what invoices you want to export at this moment.
1 - Create Batch
- When you have selected your currency on the Create Batch Pop up window, Click Manually Select Invoices.
- The Supplier Invoice Batch Screen is loaded listing all approved invoices that are ready for export in the lower portion of the screen.
2 - Select Invoices
- You can filter the list when looking for specific invoices by entering the invoice no., PO no. or the supplier ref in the search field and clicking 'Search'
- Tick the select box on the left edge of the invoice list next to an invoice that you wish to include. If you want to include all click the select box to the left of the column headings. Then click the 'Include in Batch' button.
- If you select an invoice by mistake just tick the box to the left of it to re-select it and click on the 'Exclude from Batch' button.
3 - Download Data File
- When all you have included all invoices that need to be exported you can then download the file for your AP system.
- Click on the 'Nominal File' button in the section above the list of invoices. This will download the invoice data file. You can place it somewhere on your network where it can be picked up for import into your own AP system for payment.
4 - Confirm the Batch
- Finally you need to confirm the batch to mark it as complete. The process should be that this is done after the data file has been imported.
Option B - Generate Invoice Export Batch File
Generating a Batch file will include automatically include approved invoices that meet the filter criteria entered on the Create batch pop up screen.
1 - Enter the details as needed and click Create Batch.
2 - This will generate a batch including all approved invoices.
3 - Download the nominal File
4 - Confirm the batch.